Terms of Service
Skillsby is a trading name of SkillsLogic Ltd. SkillsLogic Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom. Company Number: 07968335.
By using the Skillsby.com web site ("Service"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
Skillsby reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at Terms of Service.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Skillsby prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that Skillsby cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as your plan allows.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Skillsby cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment and Refund Terms
- A credit card is not required in order to use the service. A valid credit card is required to purchase enrolment credits. Accounts are initialised with an initial credit amount for the purpose of trialing the service.
- The Service is billed in advance by purchasing enrolment credits which are non-refundable.
- All fees are inclusive of UK VAT. All taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities in other territories are not included, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties as required.
Cancellation and Termination
- Skillsby, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service at any time and without prior notice in case of (a) fraudulent, criminal, grossly negligent, willful, or otherwise intentional misconduct, or violation of any law or regulation, in connection with the performance of your obligations hereunder and/or (b) demonstrated usage negatively impacting the performance of the Service and/or (c) breach of the herein Service terms and conditions. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your Account or any other similar action deemed appropriate.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Skillsby reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to course enrolment fees, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Service itself.
- Skillsby shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours.
- Skillsby does not pre-screen Content, but Skillsby and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- Inappropriate content is considered the posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that: a) Infringes Skillsby's or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right b) You don’t have the right to submit c) Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic (including child pornography, which we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), indecent, harassing, hateful; encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate. d) Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition e) Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials f) Is intended to be inflammatory g) Could otherwise cause damage to Skillsby or any third party
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that Skillsby uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service.
- You agree not to perform misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Skillsby or any third party).
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Skillsby.
- You agree not to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people's private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from Skillsby.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Skillsby customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- Skillsby won’t allow: (a) Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services. (b) Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the services, related systems, networks, or data. (c) Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data. (d) Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services. (e) Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.).
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not use meta-tags or any other “hidden text” including Skillsby’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks.
- You must not access or search any part of Skillsby by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces.
- Skillsby does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Skillsby shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Skillsby to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Skillsby and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Skillsby (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Skillsby (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated these Terms of Service.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org