Bullying and Harassment
This course is aimed at staff and covers the important topic of bullying and harassment. Topics covered include what bullying and harassment means, protected characteristics and forms and effects of bullying and harassment.
Bullying and harassment in the workplace can create extremely upsetting work environment for the victims as well as for other employees. In addition to this it can have negative effects on the organisation itself due to reduced productivity, employees taking time off work, and even legal cases. We have therefore designed this course to help staff understand what constitutes bullying and harassment, how they should respond to it, as well as what is and is not appropriate behaviour in the workplace.
This course is appropriate for all staff and is designed for organisations that need to train their staff to better understand bullying and harassment in the workplace.
- Understand the difference between bullying and harassment
- Awareness of the different types of bullying and harassment and how they can manifest themselves in the workplace
- A basic understanding of the laws surrounding bullying and harassment in the UK
- Knowledge of the nine characteristics that are protected by the Equality Act 2010
- Understand the negative effects bullying and harassment can have on the victim, the workplace and the organisation
- Knowledge of some of the facts and figures surrounding bullying and harassment
- Understand the correct ways to respond to bullying and harassment
An online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. The learner must correctly answer 8 multiple choice questions.
- What is bullying?
- What is harassment?
- Protected characteristics
Examples of Bullying and Harassment
- Sexual harassment
- Forms of bullying and harassment
Negative Effects of Bullying and Harassment
- The victims
- The company
- Facts and figures
Responding to Bullying and Harassment
- First steps
- Formal complaint
- Legal action
- Assessment Questions
Sign up for free today!
You are a few clicks away from owning a learning management system that you love.Join Now