Equality and Diversity
This course is aimed at giving employees the required awareness of equality and diversity. Some of the topics covered include what equality and diversity means, protected characteristics, the negative effects of stereotyping, equality at work and positive action.
Equality and diversity play an increasingly important role in our professional and personal lives. However, despite being widely used terms many people lack an awareness of what they mean and how they affect their working lives. Due to the growing legal framework and increasing responsibility on employers to maintain an equal and diverse working environment, we have designed this course to teach employees what equality and diversity are and how they must conduct themselves in the workplace.
This course is aimed at organisations that need to train their staff to better understand equality and diversity. However, the information is also useful for anybody wishing to acquire a better awareness of how equality and diversity affect our lives in general.
- Understand what is meant by equality and diversity
- Knowledge of the different ways inequality and diversity can exit within society and the workplace
- Knowledge of some of the facts and figures surrounding equality and diversity
- Awareness of the growing importance of equality and diversity
- Basic knowledge of the legal framework surrounding equality and diversity in the UK, both inside and outside the workplace
- Knowledge of the nine characteristics that are protected by the Equality Act 2010
- Understand how diversity can be positive for society, the workplace and the organisation
- Awareness of the different types of discrimination and stereotyping as well as their negative effects
- Understand what is meant by positive action and how equality and diversity can be promoted in the workplace and the community
An online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. The learner must correctly answer 8 multiple choice questions.
- Protected characteristics
- Examples of inequality
- Examples of diversity
- Positive diversity
- What is discrimination
- Types of discrimination
- What is stereotyping
- Negative effects of stereotypes
Promoting Equality and Diversity
- Positive action
- Equality at work
- Equality in the community
- Assessment Questions
Sign up for free today!
You are a few clicks away from owning a learning management system that you love.Join Now