Many computer security and data loss incidents are caused by the mistakes or the unwitting co-operation of your staff. This course gives an overview of the essential knowledge needed to manage data and computers securely. Includes sections on staying safe on the web, passwords, malware, email and social engineering.
Information security presents a growing challenge for all organisations. In many cases, however, security breaches and data loss are the result of mistakes by employees who are unaware of how to handle computers and data safely. This course provides staff with practical guidance on how to safely use computers, portable media and the internet, as well as how to avoid common threats such as malware and social engineering attacks.
This course is designed for organisations who need to provide information security training to their employees. However, the content will also be useful to anyone wishing to understand information security and how to protect their devices and information.
- Knowledge of the different kinds of digital assets and their importance to the organisation
- Understanding of the day-to-day security threats organisations face
- Awareness of security measures implemented by an organisation's IT department such as anti-virus software, firewalls, data backups and encryption
- Knowledge of the potential dangers when connecting to a network and how to minimise them
- Understand the dangers of using physical media, such as USB sticks, and how to transfer data safely
- Awareness of issues surrounding email security and dangers to watch out for
- Understand the importance of passwords and mistakes to avoid when choosing them
- Knowledge of how to keep mobile devices secure
- Understand what to do if your mobile device is lost or stolen
- Knowledge of malware and steps that can be taken to guard against it
- Awareness of the different kinds of social engineering and how to avoid becoming a victim
An online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. The learner must correctly answer 8 multiple choice questions.
- Digital Assets
What Your IT Department Should Do
- Anti virus software
- Trustworthy up to date software
- Data encryption
- Data backups
What You Should Be Aware Of
- Connecting to wireless networks
- Access to devices and physical security
- Lock computers and devices
- Report lost or stolen devices
- Transferring data
- Memory sticks
- Social engineering
- Assessment Questions
Sign up for free today!
You are a few clicks away from owning a learning management system that you love.Join Now