This course provides an overview of the basic principles of fire safety for employees. It includes sections covering how fires start, minimising the risk of a fire and how to respond if a fire does break out.
Fire is an ever present danger in the workplace and poses a significant risk to people, building and valuable business assets. In order to reduce the risk of fires in the workplace as well as the damage caused if they do break out it is crucial that employees know how to identify fire hazards and how to respond if a fire does break out. We have therefore designed this course to provide staff with a practical knowledge of the fundamentals of fire safety in the workplace.
This course is designed for organisations that need to train their staff in fire safety procedures in the workplace. However, the information is also useful for anyone who wants to learn more about how to prevent and respond to fires in the workplace or public building.
- Understand the danger and effects of fire in the workplace
- Knowledge of the fire triangle and how it can be used
- Understand how fires can start
- Understand and how to identify hazards and respond to them in advance
- Awareness of fire warning systems and how respond
- Understand the importance of escape routes, fire doors and keeping them clear
- Understand the different types of fire extinguisher and when they should be used
- Understand how to respond if you discover a fire in the workplace
An online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. The learner must correctly answer 8 multiple choice questions.
- How Do Fires Happen?
- The Effects of Fire
Minimising The Risks
- Fire alarms
- Fire doors
- Escape routes
- Other ways to reduce risk
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blankets
- What To Do If You Discover A Fire
- What To Do If You Hear The Fire Alarm
- Assessment Questions
Sign up for free today!
You are a few clicks away from owning a learning management system that you love.Join Now